Sunday, April 6, 2014

Some program notes

Hello, friends. Here we are at the fifth Sunday in Lent, so it's time for a few program notes:

Next week, everything gets very intense. And not just in the lectionary, but also for me. This time next week, I will be blogging to you from the Festival for Faith and Writing at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. There are going to be all sorts of amazing luminaries from the world of writing about faith (Rachel Held Evans and Annie Lamott, among others). Several of you have told me that you'd really like to go, so I'm going to post completely non-Lenten updates throughout the week.

From there, we're taking the kids to Disney World. That's right, on Maundy Thursday, we might be watching a parade and fireworks, and on Good Friday, we could be eating with princesses and not even skipping dessert. I'm planning to blog the Holy Week readings, at night. Who knows what kind of parallels there are to be drawn between the Last Supper and Cinderella's Royal Table?

I've added a "Subscribe by email button" to the right of this page, for those of you who don't want to miss a single post. (I won't be linking to the posts via Facebook, except for Sundays, so be sure to check back if you're interested, but don't want email alerts.)

Also, I'm planning to continue this blog after Easter, so I hope if I've been part of your Lenten discipline this year that you'll consider checking in a few times throughout the year. I'm not sure how the blog will change. I guess we'll find out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment